Sunday 17 May 2009

I've started, so I'll finish.

Or so the astute quizmaster and presenter John Humphreys would say.

I on the other hand, rarely finish anything. Just today I tried to do a little coursework but I didn't get too far with that. I tried to have a sandwich, but alas, there was no bread. Hell, I tried to go to the park for a game of football, but naturally, half way there, I turned around and came home because it was raining.

This, apparantly, is a problem many young screenwriters like me have. Perhaps not to the extent where we can't eat, but at least to the extent where we try writing a new blockbuster, and stop after 4 and a half pages of, frankly, a load of crap. In fact, it's a problem that a lot of screenwriters, stage writers, authors and poets have, full stop. Well, perhaps not poets - I mean, lets face it, how hard is a bit of poetry compared to a 120 page film?

My computer has a lot of unfinished scripts sitting on it. Most of them might be pretty good, who knows. Lets hope I get round to finishing them. I've started this blog, lets hope I manage to finish this! (If you can, truly, finish a blog?)

Oh, and devout poets, I'm sorry. Poetry is a beautiful expression of one's emotions and it is not at all easy. I take back what I said.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your article 100%, I've also started on many screenplays and some are finished and some are not, but the thing is that I don't have any clue how to get my script out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah of course thats another one of the problems that I didn't mention - getting noticed. The BBC have a decent writers section where you might have a chance of getting something noticed, but... it's tough!

    ReplyDelete